BC Brewery Walking Tours
BC has North America's most diverse beer culture. Weather you love barrel aged, hazy IPA's, radlers or anything in-between you will most likely find your favourite beer styles across the province.
Where there is alcohol involved we are all trying our best to distance ourselves from any possible driving. Not a lot of places have craft breweries so close together you can walk to multiple and make of day of it, but in BC it's becoming the norm.
Kelowna, Vancouver, Port Moody & Victoria all have a pretty stellar craft beer walking routes you wont want to miss.
Walking Brewery Tour Tips To Enhance Your Tour
The brewery teams were surely expecting more guests, just not you and your 10 friends at once. Here are few helpful tips:
- Start early and do your best to avoid Fridays from 5-9 and Saturdays 4-7
- When Possible buy a round for your buddies, save the brewery staff time
- Food is a must within the first 3 breweries, not for you but for that one light weight friend
- Call ahead to the breweries when possible, they can probably make room for your group
- Try to set a tentative schedule and tell friends ahead of time "Hey, I'll be drinking look at the Facebook group invite. Expect delayed responses to where are you"
Kelowna Walking Brewery Tour
Although you may want to do this one in the summer, with a good jacket it's totally possible year round. Start with this route.
- BNA Brewing
- Tree Institute
- Black Kettle Brewing
- Red Bird
Downtown Victoria Walking Brewery Tour
At the heart of BC beer culture lies a few great breweries you wont want to miss. While we do not recomend 5 breweries in one day Victoria is setup for it. If you do make it to Moon Under Water, ensure to try the pie store next store. Try this walking tour route:
- Vancouver Island Brewing
- ....Not recommending 5 in one day for rookies | Moon Under Water
Port Moody Walking Brewery Tour
Setup exactly for this type of tour. You can even sky train and walk from there. Keep your eyes out for the food truck because you'll want a meal after 3 or 4 breweries.
- Yellow Dog
- Moody Ales
- The Parkside
- Twin Sails
Vancouver Walking Brewery Tours
Year round you would think the city planners planned for this to be a walking brewery tour mecca. Choose from "East Van Yeast Van" or "Brewery Creek".
East Vancouver Walking Tour | Yeast Van
This is hard. There are 12 breweries/distilleries in this area.
- Strathcona Beer Company
- Callister Brewing
- Andina Beer Company
- Storm Brewing... Or Odd Society Spirits
- Parallel 49
Olympic Village Walking Brewery Tour | Brewery Creek
On the alternate list we also have Faculty brewing around stop 3 and Brass Neck Brewing before stop 5.
- Big Rock Brewing
- Steel Toad Brewing
- R&B Brewing
- 33 Acres
- ....Not Recommending 5 in one day unless you stop for lunch... Then - Red Truck Brewing
Downtown Vancouver Walking Tour
If you want to stay downtown and don't feel like a cab to and from the brewery districts you can jump on this great route.
- Steamworks Brewpub downtown
- Devils Elbow | Howe Sound Tap room
- Central City Brewing
Coming in 2018... North Vancouver Walking Brewery Tour
- Green Leaf
- Beere Brewing
- Street Car Brewing